The editorial office of the magazine “The Problemist of Ukraine” announces the jubilee tourney, dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the Kharkiv study composer
The theme is free. -The prize fund is250 $.
Studies in electronic form, not more than three from the author (including joint ones), should be sent by 09.03.2018to the address of the judge-jubilee bye-mail: email@example.com
(#2, #3, N#, +=)
Azerbaijanian Comission of Chess Composition announced composing tournament «Jirtdan 2018» (#2, #3, #N, +=). Jirtdan is a problem or study with not more than 5 pieces (including kings). Some history: Jirtdan is one of the most popular character of Azerbaijanian fairy tales. He is distinguished by his national identity, courage and wittiness. Jirtdan is an intelligent yongster with tiny heigth. «Jirtdan» is translated from azerbaijanian as small, tiny. In a fairy tale he saved his friends outwitting giant Div. Section and judges: 1) Tvomovers (#2) – Mykola Chernyavsky (Ukraine). Theme: Baby problems. 2) Threemovers (#3) – Elmar Abdullaev (Azerbaijan). Theme: Baby problems. 3) Moremovers: (N#) – Aleksandr Sygurov (Russia). Theme: Baby problems. 4) Studies (+=) – Harold van der Heijden (The Netherlands). Theme: Baby studies. Prizes: Diplomas. Send the maximum 3 baby compositions to the director of the competition Elmar Abdullayev, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Please send problems in WORD and studies PGN files. Closing date: 01.03.2018.
JT70 MARIO G. GARCIA 2018
Studies- Sections: A) Thematic: Culmination in mate with Knight or Bishop in the center of board (black King located in any of the 16 central squares) ; B) Theme free in two sections : B.1.) Win and B.2.) Draw – Judge : Mario G. García –
Problems – Sections : 2# – 3# – N# – (#4 a #6 ) and (#7 a more moves) – If the number of miniatures are significant, they will be evaluated in a special section- Judge : Mario G. García –
Prizes , honourable mentions , commendations and special nominations will be awarded.- The provisional award , will be available in the website of the UAPA http://www.problemistasajedrez.com.ar/ , and will be sent to all participants by e-mail. Not more than three studies or problems per composer for each section – Send to director Felipe Guanca– <email@example.com> Closing date: 22th june 2018
4th COMPOSING TOURNEY – MOROCCAN CHESS FEDERATION , 2018 (FRME)
The Royal Moroccan Chess Federation (FRME) organizes the 4th Composing Tourney in four 6 sections:
Threemovers (#3) Judge: Elmar Abdullayev ( Azerbaijan)
Moremovers (#N) Judge: Oto Mihalčo (Slovakia)
Selfmates (S#) Judge: Miodrag Mladenovic (Serbia)
Studies (+;=) Judge: Mario Guido García (Argentina)
Send to tournament director: Threemovers, Moremovers, Studies and Selfmates to Vidadi Zamanov firstname.lastname@example.org
Twomovers (#2) Judge: Mark Basisty (Ukraine)
Send to tournament director: Twomovers to Youness Ben Jelloun email@example.com
Helpmates (h#2) Judge: Francesco Simoni (Italy)
Helpmates (H#3 and H#N) Judge: Valery Kirillov (Russia)
Send to tournament director: H#2, H#3 and H#N to Jamal M Elbaz, . firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes, honourable mentions and commendations will be awarded. –Closing date: 30. 09. 2018.
Armenian Chess Federation and Commission on Chess composition announces an International chess study composing tourney “YEREVAN-2800”. The main judge of the contest is Alexey Gasparyan, the judge is Sergey Kasparyan.
Four monetary prizes are established :1st prize- 80000 AMD-2nd prize-60000 AMD-3rd prize-40000 AMD -and 4th prize-20000 AMD
Chess studies by a free theme (no more than 2 from the author taking into account collective ones) should be send to the e-mail address of the Director of contest Ashot Uzunyan email@example.com by July 1, 2018 . Director of the competition A.Uzunyan in anonymized form will send studies to the judges for the award.
Preliminary results will be published on the website www.arves.org in August, and the final results will come into forse by the anniversary of Yerevan – in October 2018.
ANATOLY ZINCHUK MT 80 The editorial board of “ProblemС-Ukraine” announces an Anatoly Memorial contest: “Zinchuk-80”, in two sections: – Studies – Judge Vladimir Samilo, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; – #h 4 or more moves – Judge Alexander Semenenko, e-mail: email@example.com
Theme: free, no more than two studies or problems per composer in each section –There are three cash prizes in each section. –Send the compositions in electronic form by email to the judge of the corresponding section. . Closing date: February 1, 2018
JAN HENDRIK TIMMAN – 65 JT
1. Only for over the board title-holders (FIDE GM, IM, FM, WGM, WIM, WFM) -Theme: free -Judges: Yochanan Afek & Hans Böhm -Tourney director: Harold van der Heijden – Prize fund: 1000 EUR
2. Open section – Theme: mate by the bishop (or struggle against mate by the bishop) –Judges: Jan Timman & Hans Böhm -Tourney director: Harold van der Heijden, Prize fund: 1000 EUR Send your originals before August 1st 2017 to the tourney director: firstname.lastname@example.org preferably in PGN-format. In both sections there is a maximum of three studies per composer. -Co-authored studies are allowed (in the first section all authors must be title holders). The final award will be ready on December 14th 2017, the 66th birthday of Jan Timman. The prize money is made available by Böhm Communications BV www.hansbohm.com-In this way, Hans Böhm celebrates 50 years of close friendship with Jan Timman.
6th FIDE WORLD CUP IN COMPOSING 2018
- Twomovers – Judge: Paz Einat (Israel)
- Threemovers – Judge: Zoran Gavrilovski (Macedonia)
- Moremovers in 4 to 15 moves – Judge: Mark Erenburg (Israel)
- Endgame studies – Judge: Harold van der Heijden (Netherlands)
- Helpmates in 3 moves – Judge: Christopher Jones (Great Britain)
- Selfmates in 3 to 5 moves – Judge: Petko Petkov (Bulgaria)
- Fairies (help-selfmates in 3 to 5 moves) – Judge: Vlaicu Crișan (Romania)
- Retros and Proofgames – Judge: Hans Gruber (Germany)
n each section, only one composition by each author is acceptable and joint compositions are not allowed.he theme is free in all sections. In the fairies section (help-selfmates in 3 to 5) fairy pieces and conditions are not allowed. Only computer-tested problems by one of the Alybadix, Popeye or WinChloe programs are allowed; the participants should state with which software they tested their composition.-The director of the tournament is Alexander Bulavka (Belarus).-Entries must be sent in diagrams with complete solution and any comments by email only to the director’s address: email@example.com“ target=”_blank”>firstname.lastname@example.org-Participants should mention their postal address in the email.The closing date is February 1st, 2018.-The director will send all compositions to the judges on uniform and anonymous diagrams by February 15th, 2018. All judges should prepare their awards by May 15th, 2018. The results will be published on the Internet by June 1st, 2018 and they will be announced final after two months allowed for claims of anticipation and unsoundness.-In each section medals for 1st-3rd places, prizes, honourable mentions and commendations will be awarded, as well as certificates for the prizes signed by the President of the FIDE.
JT 50 PETER S. KRUG
– Theme: free– In two sections : A Studies Win – B Studies Draw – Maximum 3 entries are allowed in each section – Judge: Peter S. Krug –– Send your original entries to director: Mario G. García by e-mail to: marioggarcia@ gmail.com – Prizes , honourable mentions , commendations and special nominations will be awarded.– The provisional award , will be sent-to-participants-by-e-mail , and may see in the websites of ARVES and UAPA-– Closing date: september 30 , 2017 – Provisional Award JT50 Peter S. Krug – Look studies in ARVES
85 JT JOAQUIN PEREZ DE ARRIAGA
The Sociedad Española de Problemistas de Ajedrez (SEPA) organizes a jubilee tourney for endgames studies to celebrate the 85th birthday of the Spanish composer Joaquín Pérez de Arriaga (JPA 85 JT), lecturer, columnist and author of books on Reti, Cesolis and Lucena. -Judge: Luis Miguel González. – No set theme. -A maximun of three studies per composer and joint composition are allowed. –Submission deadline: 31.08.2017. .Five money prizes will be awarded:-1st classified: 250 €; 2nd classified: 150 € -3rd classified: 100 € -4ª and 5ª classified: 50 € -as well as other prizes, honourable mentions and commendations. -The preliminary award of the tourney will be sent to the participants per e-mail and will be published in Problemas (January 2018). -Send your original endgame studies to the Tourney Director José Miguel Quesada (Spain): email@example.com
TORNEOS FORMALES E INFORMALES : ARVES